Dear Brothers & Sisters,
I am an Alagankulavasi, contacting you all in our website after a long interval.
Almost every one of us is a businessman, in one form or another. Even professionals, such as engineers, lawyers, doctors, architects, accountants, are businessmen, in a way. As Al-Quran deals with all aspects of life, it also tells about how to attain never-failing profitable business.
As businessmen, we would certainly like our business to be always profitable. No businessman would like to incur loss in his business. For our business to be always profitable, Allah SWT has shown a very simple way, by which a businessman can always get profit. But, to attain that, Allah SWT has laid down 3 conditions, in this verse of Al-Quran (35:29 & 30):
“Verily, those who recite the Book of Allah (this Quran), and perform AsSalat (IqamatasSalat), and spend (in charity) out of what We have provided for them, secretly and openly, hope for a (sure) tradegain that will never perish. That He may pay them in full their wages and enrich them of His bounty; surely He is All-forgiving, All-thankful.”
The 3 conditions are:
1. Must recite (read) Al-Quran regularly every day (reading of Al-Quran means ‘with understanding’ from translations);
2. Perform solat (prayer), 5 times a day regularly;
3. Give charity secretly; and openly.
If a businessman very firmly follows these 3 conditions, Allah SWT Promises that that person would certainly get profit in his business, that will never diminish. Not only that! In verse 30, He Promises to give even more benefits out of His Grace.
My dear brothers & sisters, who wouldn’t want a never-diminishing profitable business? To attain that, follow these 3 conditions. Never-failing profit is yours.
However, my dear brothers & sisters, but Allah SWT also gives a warning that if we give more importance and priority to our worldly belongings: parents, children, brothers, wives, relatives, the wealth that we have gained; the business in which we fear loss; our houses of which we are proud & happy, instead of Allah SWT and Prophet Muhammad SAW, and spend whole-heartedly in the Cause of Allah (Islam), then He warns that He Will bring down His Decision (His Decision to cause misfortune; and loss of everything):
“(Muhammad), tell them, “If your fathers, children, brothers, spouses, relatives, the property that you possess, the trade you fear may have no profit and the homely life are more beloved to you than God, His Messenger and fighting for His cause, wait until God fulfills His decree (of making the right distinct from the wrong). God does not guide the evil-doers.” (Al-Quran 9:24)
So, beware! All that we enjoy ― wealth, happy family with children, houses, estates, which we are so happy & proud of ― may be taken away ‘just like that’ (just like immense wealth of Karun), if we do not do deeds in Cause of Allah. We ourselves have seen in our lifetime, many very rich people losing everything.
Examples of Cause of Allah are:
1. Give whatever we can to relieve the sufferings of poor;
2. Spend on education of poor students, who are good in studies; but unable to continue their studies;
3. Build suraus & masjids in places where there are no mosques. (Alhamthu Lillah, in Malaysia we don’t have such situation, but in India and other poor countries like Cambodia, Vietnam, etc. there is an abundant need of mosques in rural areas);
4. Spend on propagation of Islam (Dakwah) as much as possible ― through publication of Islamic books, booklets; arrange speeches to the masses, and to provide help & assistance to those involved in such Dakwah activities;
5. Build Islamic education institutions; or, give financial help to such existing institutions;
6. Give financial assistance for programs of building hospitals in very poor Islamic countries, such as Gaza, India, Pakistan, etc.